A Landscape Partnership scheme (LP) is a Heritage Lottery Fund grant-aided programme which is delivered in a partnership made up of local, regional and national organisations with an interest in an area. The main aim of the scheme is to conserve the UK’s distinctive landscape character areas.
A Landscape Partnership is based around a portfolio of smaller projects, which together provide long-term social, economic and environmental benefits for the landscape and its communities. These projects focus on the following outcomes:
- Conserving or restoring the built and natural features that create the historic landscape character;
- Increasing community participation;
- Increasing access and learning about the landscape;
- Increasing training opportunities in local heritage skills.
Related articles & posts:
- About OWLP
- OWLP’s Aims
- Distinctiveness: a European Perspective
- New opportunities with HLF
- Other Landscape Partnership schemes in East Anglia