We are re-advertising the below job, Countryside Engagement and Marketing Officer. This is such an exciting and varied role, you will not be disappointed! Please do pass this on to anyone you think may be interested.
Countryside Engagement and Marketing Officer – with Ouse Washes Landscape Partnership scheme’s central team, based at Cambridgeshire ACRE
We have an exciting opportunity for the right highly motivated and committed individual to take charge of the Partnership’s engagement with the wider public as we seek to turn the Ouse Washes area into a tourism destination.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree-level and have previous experience of community engagement, using social media in a business context, developing engagement strategies and working with others to achieve project goals.
1. Work with partners and communities to provide a wide range of communication, interpretation and engagement activities across the breadth of the Landscape Partnership Scheme, including the development of the high profile ‘Ouse Washes Festival Fortnight’ events programme and annual conferences.
2. Work with community groups and volunteers offering information, advice and guidance so they can undertake community projects that promote, protect and enhance the Ouse Washes landscape, habitats, species and sites of historic interest.
3. Develop an engagement strategy that will target key audiences, particularly those that have no knowledge of the heritage of the Ouse Washes, enabling them to develop their confidence in accessing the countryside and learning new skills.
4. Lead on the promotion and marketing of the programme and activities using the OWLP website, blog, social media, videos, photography, radio, presentations, attendance at community events and production of marketing literature. This will include writing copy for press releases/marketing materials, coordinating the design and production of any hard copy literature required by the OWLP, and working with partners/communities to generate ‘good news’ stories to celebrate their project successes.
5. Recruit and manage volunteers and identify opportunities for them to actively contribute to the OWLP projects and other scheme developments through the volunteering marketplace.
6. Assist OWLP colleagues in monitoring and evaluating the OWLP scheme as a whole and its individual projects, undertaking monitoring visits where required.
7. Maintain the OWLP customer database using the ACT! system to aid partnership communications.
The full job description and person specification can be downloaded from the Resources and Downloads area on the relevant Cambridgeshire ACRE website page, http://www.cambsacre.org.uk/jobs-detail.php?eid=18. To apply, please also download the application form from that page.
The closing date for applications is 01 December 2014 at 12 noon. Interviews will take place on Friday 05 December 2014.
Any enquiries, please call 01353 865029.
The captivating Ouse Washes LP landscape. Image: Bill Blake Heritage Documentation, all rights reserved.