With the kids off school, a lot of venues are organising family friendly activities. Just a short selection of what’s going on:
- Fen Drayton: family friendly events: http://www.rspb.org.uk/reserves/guide/f/fendraytonlakes/
- WWT Welney Centre: http://www.wwt.org.uk/visit/welney/whats-on/
- Ely Museum: various family friendly events over the next few weeks; see: http://www.elymuseum.org.uk/events/
- Norris Museum, St Ives: Events and exhibitions: http://www.norrismuseum.org.uk/events.asp
- Stretham Engine: is open on certain weekends this summer; see http://www.strethamoldengine.org.uk/info.htm
New Fen book:
Cllr Mike Rouse will be in Burrows Bookshop, this Thursday, August 1st (11AM – 12:30 PM_ to sign his latest book, ‘The Ghosts of Fens End’. See also this news article
Downham Market Water Festival: 11 August, http://www.downhamweb.co.uk/water-festival/
Hilgay Vintage Countryshow, 10-11 August: http://www.fensvintage.co.uk/shows/hilgay/Archaeology:
An exciting tour is given this Wednesday (31 July; 7PM) at Earith Bulwark, the best preserved Civil War fort in the country. A unique change to see the earthworks up close (is on privately owned land, so access is not granted very often). See also Cambridgeshire County Council’s Archaeology Public Events Programme 2013
Events in the future
As part of our delivery phase (starting April 2014), we will have a dedicated Ouse Washes website. On this, we intend to have a comprehensive list of events in the area, providing people with a one-stop-shop to what’s on?
My question to you is: what kind of events are you after? Do let me know (click on the comments ‘balloon’ at the top, or send me an email). We will take your wishes on board when designing our website.